Sobriety is defined as the natural state of a human body without the presence of drugs or alcohol. For people who have spent a period of time abusing drugs and/ or alcohol, this can seem impossible. This is partly because one’s body becomes accustomed to functioning with the presence of drugs and/ or alcohol. Regardless of whether a person is struggling with addiction or substance abuse, obtaining help is imperative. If left untreated, substance abuse and/ or addiction can lead to severe consequences. The only way to fully treat substance abuse and/or addiction is for an individual to obtain and maintain sobriety. This means that a person must abstain from using any and all drugs and alcohol. Fortunately, there are a plethora of options, across many platforms that can help support an individual on his or her path of recovery.
The vast majority of Americans, a whopping 97% according to Pew Research Center, own a cell phone of some kind, and of that large number 85% own a smartphone. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that developers have created countless apps specifically designed to support sober individuals. Below are some of the top-rated apps for people in recovery:
- Sober grid: is a free iOS/ Android app that connects sober people and is full of evidence-based tools intended to help anyone get sober and stay sober.
- Nomo: is a sobriety tracking app that marks emotional turning points in one’s recovery journey and enables its users to share their experiences in the “encouragement” section of the app.
- SoberTool: is an interactive app that easily tracks one’s sobriety and offers daily motivational messages. It also provides encouragement to its users by calculating one’s estimated savings from remaining sober.
- WEconnect: is a networking app that is filled with sponsors, coaches, and other sober individuals; it provides daily reminders to encourage adhering to one’s recovery plan.
- I Am Sober: is an app that helps its users track individual sobriety, build new daily habits and learn from others.
Sober apps offer a convenient means to tap into the pulse of the sober community and enable an individual to remain connected to other sober people. Some sober apps contain features such as virtual journals and additional recovery resources that can positively contribute to one’s personal and continued sober success.
For Information and Support
If you are concerned for yourself or a loved one in regards to substance abuse and/ or addiction we recommend reaching out for help as soon as possible. If left untreated, substance abuse can result in long lasting and potentially life-threatening consequences. Keep in mind: you are not alone! There is an entire network of professionals that are available to help and support you and your loved one throughout the recovery process. The earlier you seek support, the sooner your loved one can return to a happy, healthy, and fulfilling life.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions regarding our specific program at Haven House Addiction Treatment and/ or general substance abuse and/ or addiction treatment related information. Our highly trained staff is readily available to discuss how we might best be able to help you and your loved one. We can be reached by phone at 424-318-3777. You are also welcome to contact anytime us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.